The health and well being of our clients, visitors and staff are top priority during the COVID-19 emergency. That’s why, although we continue to take new cases and resolve existing cases, we’re doing things much differently.
Although county public health orders ultimately determine where and how we can shop, gather, dine, and do business, there’s also much we can do to ensure our clients receive the best possible service while minimizing infection risk.
Here are a few steps we’ve taken around the office to help you get the legal representation you deserve:
• We re-opened our physical offices. While myself and my staff continue to work primarily from home, we know sometimes a face-to-face meeting is easiest. And our downtown Oakland location is easy to access by car, AC Transit or BART. (Parking is much easier to find these days!)
• We also understand many clients either can’t or don’t feel comfortable leaving home except for essentials. In those cases, you have options:
– We’ll come to your home. How often do lawyers make house calls?
– We’ll meet virtually by video or telephone.
– We’ll answer your questions by email or text.
– We’ll meet with you before or after typical office hours.
• We wear masks and practice social distancing during all face-to-face transactions.
• We have plenty of hand sanitizer in our office.
• If you would like to meet with us in person and require additional accommodations (temperature check, gloves, etc.) please ask.
Your case can move forward during the pandemic. We can file most documents electronically, and many proceedings are taking place by video. Jury trials in Alameda County resumed on June 8, 2020 with added physical safety measures.
Most other elements of personal injury cases have always taken place without physical contact, including:
• Initiating contact with insurance companies.
• Obtaining police reports.
• Obtaining medical and hospital records.
• Initiating contact with other lawyers or law firms.
• Hold remote depositions and mediations.
How to Reach Us
If you need to reach us, call 510-893-3741 . If you want to speak with me about a personal injury claim, press 5 and leave a message. Either myself or one of my assistants (Mynita or Camie), will call you back.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Since 1978, I have helped people with serious injuries recover the financial compensation they deserve. A few types of cases I handle include:
I handle every case personally and keep you informed every step of the way.
While some part of the legal process are still moving slower than usual due to various disruptions, we are operating at full capacity. We’re also doing everything we can to protect the health of everyone around us.
If you’ve been seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence, call our office at 510-893-3741 for a free consultation.